Call us today at 888-867-8234 to find your cooling solution!
SC & SE Series Mini Split Air Conditioners
Server Rack Coolers
The SC & SE Server Rack Cooler is another testament to Ice Qube’s drive in developing innovative products. The SC & SE Server Rack Cooler was developed by Ice Qube and our engineering team to create closed-loop cooling for critical servers and server equipment. The unique and exclusive engineering behind the SC & SE Server Rack Cooler allows for the exhausted heat from your equipment to be exhausted out of the room/environment your application is in. This prevents short cycling, increases the efficiency in cooling your critical equipment, and takes the stress off your central HVAC system further reducing energy consumption and benefiting the environment.
The SC & SE Server Rack Cooler is a mini split system, with the condenser named the SC and the evaporator named the SE. The SC & SE Server Rack Cooler is engineered to integrate with your application in one of four ways. The SE can be mounted on the top exterior of your application, mounted into the top of the application, mounted into the middle of the application, or mounted into the bottom of the application. While the SE is mounted into your application the SC is mounted on the exterior of the room/building to exhaust heat and save space. The SE Server Rack Cooler fits between 19” (482.6mm) rack rails and ranges from 3KW-10KW (10230 -34100 Btu/h) of cooling capacity.
Server Rack Cooler Brochure (PDF)
- UL Certified
- CE Certified
- RoHS Compliant
- REACH Compliant
- Telcordia GR-487 Tested (Salt Fog & Wind Driven Rain)
- Designed to fit between 19” (482.6mm) rack rails
- 3KW-10KW (10230 -34100 Btu/h) of cooling capacity
- Closed-loop cooling to protect your application and increase efficiency
- Designed to provide cold aisle and hot aisle air circulation
- Cold air discharge and hot air return grills are designed to be interchangeable with bottom plates to direct air flows up or down
- Environment friendly HFC refrigerant
- Easy installation
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Powder coated durable 16-gauge welded steel construction
- Efficient, quiet, long lasting rotary compressor
- Space saving aesthetic cabinet design
- Certified by independent certification agencies
- In-house tested via Ice Qube’s testing facilities
- Engineered for optimal engineering efficiency in enclosure cooling
- Digital controller that can be located on the side or rear of the evaporator section
- Active condensation pump that removes unwanted water away from electronics
- Powder coated black evaporator section (SE) to blend in with most server racks
- Powder coated white condenser section (SC) to blend in with installations
- Low profile condensing unit (SC) designed to take minimum ground space or to be mounted on the side of a building
- Closed loop cooling designed to keep air cleaner and separated from air outside the enclosure
Options & Accessories
- Cold air discharge and hot air return grills to replace blank plates on bottom for mid mount applications
- Condensation Overflow Alarm Output
Bottom Mount Application
In this application, the evaporator section is mounted in the bottom of the server rack. Cold air is discharged up the cold aisle in the front of the rack rails. The servers pull the cold air in the front and discharge the hot air out the rear of the server into the rear of the rack enclosure where it gets pulled into the return air grill. The air gets re-cooled and sent back up the cold aisle.
Exterior Top Mount Application
In this application, the evaporator section is mounted on the exterior top of the rack enclosure. By moving the grills on the top of the supply and return to the bottom and moving the blank plates on the bottom to the top, cold air now flows down the cold aisle and warm air from the rear flows up into the return air, where it is re-cooled and sent back to the cold aisle. Top exterior mounting brackets are optional and cut outs will be required in the top side of the enclosure. A gasket kit and mounting hardware is included for this type of mounting. This application does not use any rack space.
Interior Top Mount Application
In this application, the evaporator is mounted inside the enclosure at the top. Cold air flows down the front cold aisle and warm air from the rear flows up into the return air grill. This application would use as little as 6 RU of space inside the rack. As in the exterior top mount application the grills on the top are exchanged with the blank plates on the bottom and the internal mounting bracket is used.
In this application, the evaporator cooling unit is mounted in the mid-section of the rack. This will require installing the optional internal mounting bracket at the height desired and installing the optional intake and exhaust grills in place of the blank out plates. The unit will then supply cool air to the cold aisle above and below. The heated air being discharged by the servers will return from the rear of the cooling unit from above and below. Heated air will be re-cooled and sent back to the cold aisle. This application keeps cold air closer to all servers.